September 22, 2016 1 min to read
STOP THE PRESSES!
Category : Opinion
It’s here, boys and girls! The new, third edition of my book Young Adult Literature. From Romance to Realism (ALA/Neal Schuman) Arguably the longest lived of my twenty-three books, the title has been in print in one edition or another since it was first published in 1996. Lots has changed in the field of young adult literature since then, of course, and I try to cover it all in the new edition.
Here are some of the things I feature:
- New and expanded treatment of genre fiction
- New, detailed examination of the retail market for young adult literature
- Interviews with leaders in the field
- Updated and expanded coverage of LGBTQI literature
- New focus on teen demographics, multicultural literature, and teen literacy
- Coverage of the renascence of realistic fiction
- Coverage of new trends in graphic novels
- Revised treatment of the burgeoning audiobook field
- Discussion of the future of print
- The importance of motion picture based on young adult novels
- Expanded attention given to narrative and creative nonfiction
- And more!
If your purview is young adult lit, I hope you’ll take a look at the book (look at the book – sounds like Dr. Seuss, doesn’t it) and let me know what you think. Your feedback is important to me. Thanks!